Help:BPG Template for New Page
Short paragraph defining and introducing the topic. For older chapters, this will frequently replace the existing "Purpose" or "Statement of Purpose" section. Also, please make all Page Names and Section Titles follow "Headline Capitalization" not "Sentence capitalization".
Original Compilers: Firstname Lastname, Firstname Lastname
For a full list of the original contributors to this page, see the section below on History of This Page.
Wiki Contributors: Firstname Lastname, your name could be here
Section Title[edit source]
Examples of internal link styles:
- (see also Support Problems)
- Completed by coding: (see also [[BPG Support_Problems|Support Problems]])
- Completed by coding: See [[BPG Adhesives#Starches|Adhesives: Starches]]
- Completed by coding: See [[BPG Visual Examination#Examination Using Radiation Outside Visible Range: Ultraviolet Radiation|Visual Examination: Examination Using Radiation Outside Visible Range: Ultraviolet Radiation]]
For more information, see MediaWiki page on links.
link to page with link to pdf:
title of handout
Completed by coding: [[:File:BPG_Annual_Tek-Wipe_Tip.pdf| title of handout]]
link directly to pdf (preferred):
title of handout
Completed by coding: [[Media:BPG_Annual_Tek-Wipe_Tip.pdf| title of handout]]
Horton, Richard 2000. “Glossary of Terms Relating to Photo Albums” in Conservation of Scrapbooks and Albums: Postprints of the Book and Paper Group/Photographic Materials Group Joint Session at the 27th Annual Meeting of the American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works. 21-28. AIC, Washington, DC.
Please follow the BPG Reference and Bibliography Protocols.
Here are templates for book and article citations.
- Lastname, Firstname. Year. Book Title in Italics. Location: Publisher.
- Lastname, Firstname. Year. "Article Title in Quotations." Journal Title in Italics volume# (issue#): page number range.
- If you link to an online version, embed the link in the article title, include a DOI if available, and the date you accessed the online version. Omit the page number range.
- Clapp, Anne F. 1979. Curatorial Care of Works of Art on Paper. Oberlin, OH: Intermuseum Conservation Laboratory.
- Ogden, Sherelyn. 1991. “Preservation Options for Scrapbook and Album Formats.” Book and Paper Group Annual 10. Accessed October 9, 2014.
History of This Page[edit source]
This section is optional, but recommended for all pages. The history should include the origins of the page in the PCC or BCC, when the page was formed, current and past compilers, and any major updates to the page, including reformatting and calls for content. An example is below.
Prior to the creation of the AIC Conservation Wiki, this page was created in 1994 as Chapter 1: Fiber Identification of the 9th edition of the Paper Conservation Catalog, (print edition 1984-1994) by the following:
- Compiler: Debora Mayer
In 2017, the BPG Wiki Coordinators [or volunteer name] reformatted this page by removing the legacy numbered outline format and improving internal links.
2014-2015: Firstname Lastname, Firstname Lastname, (alphabetical)
|Paper Conservation Topics|
Surface Cleaning · Hinge, Tape, and Adhesive Removal · Washing · Sizing and Resizing · Bleaching · Enzymes · Chelating Agents · Alkalization and Neutralization · Humidification · Consolidation, Fixing, and Facing · Backing Removal · Mending · Filling of Losses · Drying and Flattening · Lining · Inpainting
|Book Conservation Topics|
|Structural Elements of the Book|