About Michelle[edit | edit source]
Michelle C. Smith (she/her), is the Book Coordinator for the Book and Paper Group Wiki. Her three-year term began in May 2020. In collaboration with Diane Knauf, the Paper Coordinator, Michelle is responsible for overseeing revisions, raising awareness of the Wiki, keeping BPG members informed of its progress, recruiting contributors, organizing editing events, assisting anyone that comes forward with research and expertise they want to share, and integrating the Wiki with other BPG Publications Committee efforts. For wiki inquiries, please contact her at email@example.com or leave a message on her talk page.
Michelle is a book conservator and received her MA and CAS from Buffalo State College.
Michelle's wiki goals and projects in progress[edit | edit source]
Updated May 2022
- Divide up the Bookbinding Traditions by Region or Culture page into individual pages for each binding tradition and recruiting contributors for this effort
- Topics that have their own working group/wiki page: East Asian Book Formats, Ethiopian Bindings, Greek-Style Bindings, and Western African Books and Manuscripts
- Topics that still need a working group/wiki page: Armenian Bindings, Islamic/Islamicate Bindings, Palm Leaf Manuscripts, Syriac Books and Manuscripts, Thai Manuscripts, and Tibetan Manuscripts
- Create and utilize Categories for BPG Wiki pages
- Update and improve the BPG Wiki landing page (draft here)
- Overhaul and consolidate the BPG Wiki help pages:
- Develop a new page for Artists' Books (draft here)
- Organize of all the BPG Housings Pages (improve navigation and findability, reduce overlapping content)
- Fix image files on BPG Board Attachment and BPG Sewing and Leaf Attachment
- Address content overlap on BPG Washing and BPG Washing of Books
- New page wishlist: Historic Book Models; Books and Paper in Historic Houses; Blank Books, Ledgers, and Stationers Bindings