PMG Exhibition Guidelines for Photographic Materials (published 2004)
The chapter addresses the philosophical considerations and the practical, material applications for displaying original photographic materials.
Exhibition Guidelines for Photographic Materials print version, 2004.
Compiler of printed version: Stephanie Watkins, 1993-2004
Initiator of printed version: Douglas Severson, 1992-1993
Contributors to printed version (July 2004) (Alphabetical): Catherine Ackerman, Nancy Ash, Sarah Bertalan, Jean-Louis Bigourdan, Barbara N. Brown, Ed Buffaloe, Carol Crawford, Corinne Dune, Thomas M. Edmondson, Debra Evans, Julia Fenn, Betty Fiske, Gwenola Furic, Judy Greenfield, Doris Hamburg, Marc Harnly, Pamela Hatchfield, Cathy Henderson, Nancy Heugh, Ana Hofmann, Emily Klayman Jacobson, Martin Jürgens, Nora Kennedy, Daria Keynan, Lyn Koehnline, Barbara Lemmen, Holly Maxson, Constance McCabe, John McElhone, Cecile Mear, Jennifer Jae (Mentzer) Guttierez, Jesse Munn, Rachel Mustalish, Douglas Nishimura, Leslie Paisley, Sylvie Pénichon, Hugh Phibbs, Dr. Boris Pretzel, Dr. Chandra Reedy, Nancy Reinhold, Andrew Robb, Grant Romer, Kimberly Schenck, Douglas Severson, Tracey Shields, Angela Thompson, Sarah Wagner, Clara von Waldthausen, Dr. Mike Ware, Stephanie Watkins, Dr. Paul Whitmore, Faith Zieske, Edward Zinn.
First edition copyright (2004): The Photographic Materials Conservation Catalog is a publication of the Photographic Materials Group of the American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works. The Photographic Materials Conservation Catalog is published as a convenience for the members of the Photographic Materials Group. Publication does not endorse nor recommend any treatments, methods, or techniques described within the chapter.
Please also see AIC's Main Categories: Exhibition Standards & Guidelines, Mounts & Mountmaking, Choosing Materials for Storage, Exhibition & Transport, Conservation Materials, Materials Testing, and Materials Working Group
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Purpose and 1.2 Factors to Consider
- 1.3 Effects of Exhibition on Photographic Materials
- 1.4.1 Standards, Guidelines, and Recommendations for Light Levels During Exhibition
- 1.4.2 Standards, Guidelines, and Recommendations for Temperature and Humidity Levels During Exhibition
- 1.4.3 Standards, Guidelines, and Recommendations for Air Quality During Exhibition
- 1.5.1 Monitoring Equipment
- 1.5.2 Lighting Options
- 1.5.3 Glazing and Filter Materials
- 1.5.4 Matting, Backboards, and Support Materials
- 1.5.5 Hinging and Mounting Materials
- 1.5.6 Framing Materials
- 1.5.7 Cases, Packing, and Crating Material
- 1.6 Exhibition Techniques for Photographic Material
- 1.7 Traveling Photographic Exhibits and Loans
- 1.8 & 1.9 Standards Organizations and Polymer Names
- 1.10 References for Exhibition of Photographic Materials Chapter