STANDARD 15: Light Exposure
STANDARD 15: Mitigating Light Exposure
Effective conservation measures [design, controls and policies] must protect objects from harmful light exposure
OR: The exhibit design must provide exhibit objects the required level of protection from damaging light exposure[edit | edit source]
Click on the Guidelines below to expand on the topic.
Guideline 15.1: The designer creates a lighting plan
- What is an Exhibit Lighting Plan?
- What are the key features of an effective exhibit lighting plan?
- What information should be included in the Exhibit Lighting Plan document?
- Why is it important to exclude sunlight from the exhibit space?
- What methods can be used to exclude sunlight from the exhibit space?
- Why should the lighting plan aim to eliminate ultraviolet light from the exhibit?
- What materials can be used to eliminate ultraviolet light from the exhibit?
- What materials are commonly used to protect objects in enclosures from ultraviolet radiation?
- What precautions must be taken to protect objects on open display from ultraviolet radiation?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of the different options for filtering ultraviolet radiation?
- Why is it important to control infrared radiation?
- What methods can be used to control Infrared Radiation?
- What role can artificial lighting play in meeting exhibit Conservation Requirements for light exposure?
- What amount of light exposure should exhibit lighting aim for?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of the different lighting systems?
- How can the lighting system be manipulated to control for light exposure?
- What precautions should be taken in placement of lights and beam direction?
- How can dimmers be used to control for light exposure?
- How can diffusers be used to control for light exposure?
- What design strategies can enhance exhibit visibility?
- How can the Color Rendering Index be used to enhance exhibit visibility?
- Why are lighting mock-ups an important step in fulfilling the Conservation Requirements for lighting?
- How are lighting mock-ups constructed?
- How can architectural modifications aid the control of inappropriate light exposure?