STANDARD 20: Preventing Pest Damage
STANDARD 20: Mitigating Pest Hazards
Effective measures must protect exhibit objects from damage by pests[edit | edit source]
Pests, which include insects, rodents and molds, pose a threat to exhibit objects, especially organic materials. Objects may be consumed as a source of food or shredded, by rodents, for nesting materials. Molds and the excrement from insects and rodents can weaken and stain objects.
Guideline 20.1: Museum policies are instituted to discourage the presence of pests
- What policies can discourage the presence of pests?
- How is an IPM Program implemented?
- What exhibit design techniques discourage pests?
- What controls will discourage growth of molds?
- How does exhibit lighting affect insects?