I'm currently an Assistant Book Conservator at NEDCC, volunteering here as a wiki technical facilitator so that everyone can get their content up on pages with a minimum of hairpulling.
If you need technical help, send me an email at email@example.com and I'll help you find a solution.
I thought I'd share an action shot of myself taken a few years ago at a Pergamena parchment making workshop. Who knew dyeing skin could be so much fun?
Link to Mediawiki formatting page: Mediawiki formatting
1. Composition/Chemistry/Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Composition[edit | edit source]
- Fabric types
The Textiles Specialty Group is currently updating its page on spot tests for colorfastness which might be worth a look in the future.
- Patterning/Decoration -
- List of patterns:
- bold wayvy-grain
- dot-and-line patterns
2. Manufacture[edit | edit source]
3. Use in Book Manufacture (History and Techniques)[edit | edit source]
- History of Use (1820's on)
4. Preservation Concerns[edit | edit source]
5. Bibliography[edit | edit source]
Books discussing cloth production and usage in bookbinding include:
Back to Book Conservation Catalog