Category:Conservation and Preservation Organizations
(Redirected from Conservation & Preservation Organizations)
American Institute for Conservation (AIC) & the Foundation for the Advancement of Conservation (FAIC)[edit | edit source]
- Previous Name(s): American Institute for the Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works (AIC) & the Foundation for the American Institute for Conservation
- Headquarter Location: Washington, D.C.
- Founded: 1972
- Mission: AIC is "the national membership organization supporting conservation professionals in preserving cultural heritage by establishing and upholding professional standards, promoting research and publications, providing educational opportunities, and fostering the exchange of knowledge among conservators, allied professionals, and the public." FAIC's "mission is to save cultural heritage for future generations, protecting it from decay and destruction. We advance research and education, lead treatment and collection care initiatives, and deploy conservation expertise to where it is most urgently needed. Our work empowers conservation professionals, strengthens cultural institutions, and engages stakeholders, including public audiences, as we work together to protect cultural heritage for humanity."
Heritage Preservation[edit | edit source]
International Institute for Conservation[edit | edit source]
- Previous Name(s): International Institute for the Conservation of Museum Objects (1950- 1959)
- Headquarter Location: London, England
- Mission: To improve the state of knowledge and standards of practice and to provide a common meeting ground and publishing body for all who are interested in and professionally skilled in the conservation of museum objects.
- History: See https://www.iiconservation.org/about/history ( A Short History of IIC, Foundation and Development. The International Institute for Conservation of Historic & Artistic Works , by Hero Boothroyd Brooks, Thanet Press Limited, 2000)
- Membership: IIC membership is open to those with an interest in conserving the world's heritage as well as collection managers, curators, art historians and other cultural heritage professionals. Types of membership: Fellows( senior members of the conservation profession, elected by the existing body of Fellows); Individuals (anyone with an interest in conservation); Early Career Membership; Students (those enrolled in a full-time program of education, training or work experience, supervised by a professional conservator); Institutions.
- Status(active or inactive): Active
- Online Presence: "iiconservation.org
- Meetings: Biennial congresses
- Publications/Journals: Studies in Conservation (print journal); New in Conservation (bimonthly online newsletter); Congress proceedings
- Notes: From 1958 onwards, Regional Groups of IIC developed in areas of concentrated membership to enable members to meet more often and to pursue matters of active local concern. Regional Groups are independent associations affiliated to the Institute. The Group is required to adhere to the aims and objectives of the Institute as expressed in the Memorandum of Association; its bye-laws must be approved by the IIC Council; and its officers must be members of IIC. The first Groups were those in the United Kingdom (now known as Icon) and the United States (now the American Institute for Conservation). There are currently Groups in Scandinavia (the Nordisk Konservatorforbund: Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Austria, Croatia, France, Italy, Japan, Greece and Spain.
Pages in category "Conservation and Preservation Organizations"
This category contains only the following page.