Contributing to PMG Wiki
- 1 Ways to Contribute
- 2 Community Guidelines
Ways to Contribute
Become an AIC Wiki Editor
- If you would like to edit the Wiki and join the online discussions, contact the PMG Wiki Committee members. We'll help you get registered with the AIC e-Editor and get on the AIC-Wiki listserv. To become a wiki editor, you must either be familiar with wiki editing or watch the training video here.
- Explore the guidelines for creating and maintaining pages. Review the AIC Wiki User Guidelines and the AIC-Wiki Resources page.
- Before editing or changing a section created by another specialty group, AIC Committee, or the AIC main page, please contact the specific wiki creators and inform them of your ideas or intent.
Contribute to ongoing pages
- Ask the PMG Wiki Committee members about ongoing editing projects in need of assistance.
- If you find a topic that is lacking or out-of-date, contact the the page compilers, page contributors or the PMG Wiki Committee members.
Contribute photographic illustrations
Photographs are particularly appreciated additions to existing pages. If you have any that would fit the subject matter, please send them to us, or add them yourself if you are already a Wiki Editor.
You don't have to edit the Wiki through code to contribute. If you want to add, edit, or remove something from the PMG Wiki contact the PMG Wiki Committee members and we can help you incorporate your contributions.
Contact the page compiler or the PMG Wiki Committee
The PMG Wiki encourages anyone to edit in the following ways:
- It is always okay to fix typos or add citations.
- It is always okay to add to Talk/Discussion pages.
- It is usually okay to add information to a page. If there is a Wiki Compiler listed at the top of a page, send an email to them first, or get in touch with PMG Wiki Committee members. If you would like to make substantial edits to a page or delete content, please get in touch with us first.
To create a new page
- Let the PMG Wiki Committee know what page you want to add and its projected content.
- Use the PMG template page.
- Choose a title that is clear and succinct. Start the name with "PMG_"
- Add Category terms at the end of the page to help search your page content.
Always provide an edit summary
Under Summary add a brief description of the content you are adding, editing, or deleting.
Give credit for contributions
Add your name to list of Contributors in the Page Information section. Names are listed alphabetically by last name. The History tab on each page will record what changes were made.
Cite your work
When your contributions use a published work as reference, you must cite the work appropriately. We encourage contributors to include inline citations wherever possible. You must include a list of References at the bottom of the page.