Talk:Warp (damage)

From Wiki
  • definition here might benefit from a discussion of words for different kinds of warps (cupping, bowing, crook, longitudinal, transverse, twist)
  • observation re: AATA: warp is indexed in AATA when used as a weave structure feature and also as a damage term.

O'Reilly and Lord (1988, in Cato, et al.) differentiate the two as defining "warp" as the weave element and "warpage" as distortion in wood. Cato, Paisley S., Julia Golden, and Suzanne B. McLaren. 2003. Museumwise: Workplace Words Defined. Society for the Preservation of Natural History Collections.

Nravenel (talk) 20:11, 31 March 2014 (CDT)