Begin a New Page
Back to the Objects Page
Objects Specialty Group Conservation Wiki
BEGINNING A NEW PAGE
Contributors: Katherine Holbrow.
Your name could be here! Please contribute.
Copyright: 2011. The Objects Group Wiki pages are a publication of the Objects Specialty Group of the American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works.
Beginning a new page of the Wiki
- Decide on your topic. Pick the title for your topic carefully! It is difficult to change the name later.
- Determine where it belongs among the Objects Main Page topics.
- If the heading already exists, great! Click on Edit for that subject (on the right).
- If it doesn't exist, find the gray bar header for that topic and click on Edit (on the right).
- Add your topic to the list with double brackets like so: [[topic]]
- Save it and return to the Objects Main Page. Check that your topic has appeared and that it is in the correct spot in the automatically-generated Table of Contents (the blue one).
- Your new topic will be in red (red=unused link. Once you have added text, the link will be blue).
- Click on it and it will take you to your new, blank page.
- On the new page, select the Edit Tab.
- Open ANOTHER TAB on your browser, and go to the Objects Main Page.
- Go to the Objects Template at the very bottom of the list.
- Go to the Edit Tab and select the text.
- Paste it into your new page
- Save again. Go back to Edit.
- Fill in your text!
- Select text and use the buttons.
- Remember all the good notes you no doubt took during your training session.
- When in doubt, cut and paste code from another page that you like the looks of. (But open it in a NEW TAB or you will lose your edits).
- More formatting code is available at this site: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Formatting#Paragraphs
REMEMBER to keep SAVING. If you navigate away from your page or even hit the Edit tab (even though you are in Edit), you will lose it all.
Back to the Objects Page.